Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Bad Blogging Skills and Project Update

Well darn, this is embarrassing-- I just noticed that my last entry was in October.  I'm back in the States now, recovered from amoebas, and working furiously away at all of the incredible words and scribbles and images collected in India.  Some of them are shaping up into pieces for the book, some are turning into very personal poems that will be part of a collection I hope to have finished by 2014. 

Shivani and I are currently creating postcards and packets of goodies for those kind people who supported us in starting this project, and hope to have those mailed out sometime in February. 

Here is a little writing snapshot from our brainspaces:

An excerpt from writings on Dah-Hanu


Bursting silk flowers and greenery,
a jaunty angle of black wool atop crow hair;
apricots picked and basketed, the hat slips
a little, loops of brightly dyed wool and papery red
flowers tremble with the movement—
gently set aside, rows of silver needles glint
amongst green blades and fallen fruit.


More photographs and excerpts as the book progresses coming soon!

1 comment:

Arindam said...

Hi, just stumbled upon your old blog. I wanted to name my blog as "Verbose Thoughts" and I did a google search! I'm not sure why I find this amusing :P Why have you stopped blogging?